Telefónica Deutschland announced the appoinment of Markus Rolle as the new CFO of the company, succeeding Rachel Empey, who has had more than 13 years in leadership positions in the Telefónica Group.
The Operator also announced reorganisation of its management board, where several internal committees are eliminated and their roles and responsibilities now united in the extended management board.
The objective of the reorganisation is to simplify the company's leadership structure in order to push ahead quickly and efficiently with the digital transformation of the company.
Alongside CEO Markus Haas, the management board of Telefónica Deutschland Holding AG will now include the following newly appointed members;
- Markus Rolle (39), has been Director Controlling since the merger with E-Plus.
- Wolfgang Metze (44), who joined Telefónica Deutschland in early 2017, will serve as management board member responsible for the company's consumer business with a clear focus on customer experience.
- Alfons Lösing (53) will be responsible for wholesale partners, business customers and Telefónica Next on the board.
- Cayetano Carbajo Martín (47) will be responsible for network on the board.
- Guido Eidmann (49) will serve as the Chief Information Officer with responsibility for the service technology unit and will ensure the digitalisation of the company.
- Valentina Daiber (49) will have responsibility for legal and corporate affairs on the board.
- Nicole Gerhardt (46) has been appointed as the board member responsible for human resources.