The VDC service is based on the VMware Cloud Provider Platform and enables customers to create virtual infrastructure combining computer resources, storage, advanced networking (Software Defined LAN, Internet connectivity, MPLS Virtual Private Networks and Software Defined WAN), and value-added services (Backup, Disaster Recovery, Security and packaged enterprise applications).
The new VDC 4.0 release introduces a variety of enhancements and functional improvements targeting both local corporations as well as multinational customers.
Key advances include:
- New global customer portal that enables holistic resource management throughout different VDC nodes.
- State of the art VMware technology based on the latest VMware Validated Design (VVD) for Cloud Providers.Self-management MPLS-VPN capabilities for Quality of Service and bandwidth on-demand.
- Kubernetes-as-a-Service based on VMware Container Service Extension for vCloud Director, seamlessly integrated into VDC’s virtual infrastructure offering.
- Advanced Data Backup self-management and recovery capabilities, based on Dell EMC Data Protection for vCloud Director
- Big Data solutions, with AI/deep learning capabilities based on the open source BigDL framework optimized by Intel.