The latest release promises significant product updates from a simplified user interface to new capabilities around virtual networking.
Introduced in tandem with the new version is Red Hat Virtualization Suite, comprised of Red Hat Virtualization and Red Hat CloudForms, Red Hat’s hybrid infrastructure management platform, offering a pre-integrated, simplified access point to open virtualization technologies combined with management.
Red Hat Virtualization 4.2 introduces new and enhanced capabilities including;
- User Interface (UI) – Red Hat Virtualization 4.2 delivers an easier-to-use and more intuitive user interface.
- Disaster Recovery (DR) – New disaster recovery capabilities within Red Hat Virtualization 4.2 deliver a native site-to-site failover capability.
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN) – Open Virtual Network (OVN) has been integrated with Red Hat Virtualization 4.2 to deliver a native SDN solution through Open vSwitch.
- Metrics and Logging – The new metrics and logging features of Red Hat Virtualization 4.2 deliver enhanced real-time reporting and visualization capabilities built around the Elasticsearch, Fluentd, and Kibana (EFK), which help to drive increased operational efficiency.
- High Performance VM – Red Hat Virtualization 4.2 provides a new high performance VM option, which is designed to streamline the process of configuring a high-performing VM, a necessity for extreme workloads like big data analysis or AI.
Red Hat Virtualization 4.2 is available as a standalone offering, as an integrated offering with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and as part of Red Hat Cloud Suite or Red Hat Virtualization Suite.