Dtac, Thailand’s leading mobile service provider has selected Smith Micro’s SafePath Family platform to provide its more than 25 million subscribers with access to comprehensive location tracking and parental control services such as content filtering and app restrictions.
According to Smith Micro, SafePath Family delivers extensive functionalities to mobile subscribers that are essential to combat the unique challenges of today’s connected society, including child safety, cyber bullying, mobile device and content controls, elder care, and device theft.
The platform augments dtac’s portfolio of third party solutions and provides them with an additional revenue stream, simultaneously strengthening subscriber loyalty and increasing average revenue per user (ARPU).
White-labeled as dtac Family Care, the application enhances dtac’s technology arsenal with new value-added services and leverages the built-in capabilities of mobile devices to keep subscribers and their families safe in today’s digital world.
- Parental Controls – Rating apps to control what apps children can use; restrict app store usage and in-app purchases.
- Family Location – Pinpoint and monitor the location of family members in real-time.
- Geo-fencing – Create safety zones for family members.Notifications – Receive real-time alerts when family members enter or leave designated areas.
- Check-ins – Check in regularly to let others know where you are.
- Family Alerts – Send emergency alerts to all family members with your location.
- Phone Security – Find and ring any family phones if lost or stolen.