T-Mobile CEO John Legere posted analysis of his last year's predictions and as an annual tradition, he also released predictions for the wireless industry for this year. Interestingly, among others, he expects doubling of its U.S. business customers. Legere is also confident that the operator's Un-carrier program will continue to shake the industry and expects its new Binge On video platform to expand further.
John Legere's 2016 predictions include:
1. The continuity of its Uncarrier revolution with the operator eliminating industry pain points, and creating new ways to delight and surprise customers.
2. Binge On will become T-Mobile's most popular Un-carrier moves ever with the number of video streaming services in their program expected to more than double, adding at least 24 more.
3. Mobile payments will take root and start to build real momentum.
4. Internet of Things will translate into deployments this year.
5. Virtual Reality (VR) & Augmented Reality (AR) will hit a tipping point and is expected to become a early $3 billion hardware market in 2020.
6. Drones will be used for new use cases, with T-Mobile already deploying them to help inspect remote cell towers.