Rise in Malware Sending Network Advanced Threat Protection Market to $1.3B in 2019 - Infonetics

Rise in Malware Sending Network Advanced Threat Protection Market to $1.3B in 2019 - Infonetics Image Credit: Infonetics

Global content security gateway appliance and software revenue totaled $856 million in the third quarter of this year, according to market research firm, Infonetics. Unchanged from last quarter, 65 percent of the content security gateway revenue was from appliances, and the remaining 35 percent came from software. 

Sales of network advanced threat protection (ATP) solutions, which is part of the content security segment reached $194 million worldwide during the quarter. The ATP segment shot up 53 percent from the same period a year ago due to the rise in malware attacks. Infonetics forecasts the global network ATP market to reach $1.3 billion in 2019.

Jeff Wilson, senior research director for cybersecurity technology at IHS
Network ATP is by far the fastest-growing segment in the content security market. It has high appeal to the same types of security-conscious customers that invested early in intrusion prevention systems (IPS), but thanks to software-as-a-service technology, ATP will be available to less savvy customers much more quickly than IPS.

Ray is a news editor at The Fast Mode, bringing with him more than 10 years of experience in the wireless industry.

For tips and feedback, email Ray at ray.sharma(at)thefastmode.com, or reach him on LinkedIn @raysharma10, Facebook @1RaySharma

PREVIOUS POST

Ericsson Forecasts 5G Subscriptions to Reach 550 million in 2022

NEXT POST

IoT & Enterprise Adoption to Drive NFV Market to Grow at 33% by 2020, says Technavio

THE EDITOR'S DESK

UPCOMING EVENTS

Artelligence 2019

Network Virtualization and SDN Asia

Network Virtualization & SDN Americas

Mobile 360 Digital Societies 2019

TADSummit 2019

MWC Los Angeles 2019

The Digitrans Forum 2019

Mobile 360 Eurasia 2019

ON TWITTER

ON FACEBOOK