2017 was a busy year for the Mobile/Telecoms industry with four clear technology trends in this space - SDN, NFV, IoT and 5G - driving the networks of the future.
In 2017, we also saw Operators undertaking the digital transformation to become DSPs to reshape every espect of their business. This includes developing digital skills of employees, digitizing internal processes, transforming customer service and creating a host of digital services supported by the rapid advancement of enabling technologies such as next gen BSS/OSS (Digital BSS), Service Automation/Orchestration, Artificial Inteligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Big Bata Analytics.
Happy New Year to all our readers and here's a look back at the 15 most read stories of 2017.
15. Vodafone Italy Launches AI-based Digital Customer Service 'Bot'
14. Telefonica Plans to Launch NB-IoT in Europe & Latin America in 2017
13. T-Mobile US to Roll Out Nationwide NB-IoT and LTE Cat-M Network in 2018
12. Traffic Management Trends That Will Shape the Mobile Industry in 2017
11. Swisscom Launches WLAN-Box to Deliver the Best In-home Wi-Fi Experience
10. Mobily Appoints Ahmed Abdelsalam as New CEO
9. Turkcell, Bharti Airtel Join Facebook's TIP; Vodafone, CableLabs Start Initiatives with TIP
8. Vodafone Netherlands Picks Ericsson as Sole Vendor for Macro RAN Including 5G
7. Nokia to Focus on Global Services with a Separate Business Group
6. Telekom Deutschland Starts 'LTE Everywhere' with Large-scale Roll-Out of LTE 900
5. Intel, Dell and Others Invest $30.7M in SDN Startup Big Switch Networks
4. STC Completes Massive MIMO Trial in Saudi
3 . Vodafone UK Launches AI-based Chatbot Powered by IBM Watson
2. Operators Aggressively Investing in SD-WAN, 5G, IoT and Data Centers to Compete in the Enterprise Segment
1. Deutsche Telekom Launches NFV-based Smart SD-WAN Solution