ZTE, in collaboration with China Mobile announced the development of six major 5G use cases at a recent industry event.
The company is currently working on : 5G IoDT test, 5G experience car, 5G Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), 5G Wireless Access, 5G submarine, and 5G VR cloud game
1. 5G ioDT test : ZTE, China Mobile, and Qualcomm Technologies recently showcased the world's first 3GPP R15-based end-to-end 5G NR system IoDT test. The test uses ZTE's 5G NR pre-commercial base stations and Qualcomm Technologies’ 5G NR UE prototype.
2. 5G experience car : Allows users to watch 5G live programs and enjoy 5G high-bandwidth VR videos in a high-speed moving scenario, and view test data of the 5G network in real time, such as the rate, wireless coverage, throughput, mobility, and delay.
3. 5G Unmanned Aerial Vehicle: Owing to the high reliability, ultra-low latency, and ultra-high bandwidth of 5G networks, a 5G UAV can smoothly transmit HD images to the cloud without any damage to picture quality, and generate topographic maps in a few seconds, greatly improving the efficiency of terrain survey and mapping.
4. 5G Wireless Access: Through 5G networks, FWA can rapidly and intactly transmit ultra HD images captured by hundred megapixel–level cameras. In case of emergency, FWA can accurately and quickly capture images, and even realize facial recognition. A 5G network can provide an ultra-high bandwidth of 500 M for hundred megapixel–level cameras with an ultra-low delay (just a few milliseconds).
5. 5G Submarine: The 5G autonomous submarine simulates the scenario where marine researchers observe sea creatures with the VR technology over a 5G network, conduct scientific investigations and stop the leakage of oil pipelines by remotely controlling underwater vehicles, demonstrating the potential of 5G in industrial control, scientific research, rescue, and disaster relief.
6. 5G VR cloud game: ZTE partnered with China Mobile to show VR cloud games based on the 5G Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) architecture. On the cloud-aware soft network architecture, the components are orchestrated on demand for users' access to the virtual world, providing users with perfect and breathtaking immersive VR cloud gaming experience.