Telecom Argentina to Merge with Cablevision to Offer Quad-play Services

Telecom Argentina to Merge with Cablevision to Offer Quad-play Services Image Sources: Telecom Argentina, Cablevision

Telecom Argentina, the leading mobile and fixed telecommunications company in Argentina, and the second largest cable TV provider Cablevision announced plan to merge.

The proposed transaction follows a worldwide convergent trend towards combining the provision of fixed and mobile telecommunications services, distribution of video and internet, known as "quadruple play".

The transaction will allow the combined company to become a leader in convergent solutions that will fulfill its customers' digital life and facilitate the digital operations of enterprises and corporations. The combination of the two Companies will strengthen their investment in modern, mobile technology infrastructure as well as the build out of a high speed fiber optic network.

The current shareholders of Telecom Argentina will retain 45% of the capital stock, leaving Cablevision shareholders with 55% of the combined company.

The transaction is subject to the approval of the shareholders of each of the Companies.

German Vidal, CEO, Telecom Argentina
We are proud to create the leading company in convergent solutions that will fulfill the digital life of people and facilitate the digital operations of enterprises and corporations. At the same time, this transaction will allow us to develop a business model that will accelerate the market transformation towards quadruple play.

Ray is a news editor at The Fast Mode, bringing with him more than 10 years of experience in the wireless industry.

For tips and feedback, email Ray at ray.sharma(at)thefastmode.com, or reach him on LinkedIn @raysharma10, Facebook @1RaySharma

PREVIOUS POST

KPN Acquires ISP Solcon

NEXT POST

Alibaba Increases Stake in Southeast Asia's Lazada with Additional $1 billion Investment

THE EDITOR'S DESK

UPCOMING EVENTS

Telco AI Summit Europe 2019

TADSummit 2019

MWC Los Angeles 2019

The Digitrans Forum 2019

Digital Transformation Asia 2019

Open Edge Symposium 2019

 

ON TWITTER

ON FACEBOOK