Bharti Airtel (Airtel), India’s largest telecommunications company, said in its '2017 India Sustainability Report', that it has achieved 81% reduction in CO2 emissions across network infrastructure in the last five years and 27% reduction in the last financial year alone.
Following are the other benefits from its Green Initiatives;
- 23% reduction in CO2 emissions per square feet in our facility and 9% reduction in CO2 emissions per rack in data centre operations against 2015-16
- Airtel saved over 1280 million sheets of paper since FY 2011-12 on paperless billing initiatives.
- Adopted Aadhar based instant verification process which is secure and eliminates paperwork
- Managed to recycle 2400 tonnes of e-waste and refurbished over 500,000 direct-to-home set top boxes
- Over 1200 tonnes of paper have been saved since FY 2011-12 with the paperless billing initiative, over 170 millions have opted for e-bills. 191 tonnes of paper was saved across facilities. Adopted Aadhar based instant verification process which is secure and eliminates paperwork. 32.7 million such paperless Aadhar based acquisitions were completed last year.